Tuesday, June 21, 2011


Saved by a Promise



Dusk—
Birdsong floating through
my open window.


"You do not know,"
I hear myself saying.

And in floats
this new song through
my sad heart. 


“Listen. Sense the promise.”
How wonderful!

~ Cedric ~



Prelude to a Poem



I wrote this poem recently after experiencing a
deep sense of “promise” at the end of the day.
It was the first day of summer.
Along with summer, there came the realization
that I no longer had the physical stamina to continue
leading the Thursday Meditation Circles.

In two short years, this group had become a
significant part of my life.
I had been touched in so many ways
by so many people.


 As faces and echoes of conversations
floated through my consciousness,
I was filled with feelings of sadness and loss.

 In giving up these sessions,
I was losing something very precious.
What would the future bring now?


It was then that I was grasped by the insight
that one never knows the future.
Unknowing is a part of life.

 This led to a surprising feeling of joy and trust
flooding into my heart, and I experienced
a promise of new possibilities.


I do not know what will unfold in my life,
but I do know that the Divine Presence
is fulfilling my life and all life.